Individual Lash Extensions
(It is a requirement of all insurance companies that a patch test for the glue and de-bonder is required prior to having individual lashes applied)
Common questions about treatment and aftercare:
I) What are eyelash extensions?
Eyelash extensions accentuate the beauty of your own eyes, they can open the eyes up, brighten your colour and with different coloured lash extensions they really can change the full look of your face. We use ilash black lashes. We can also add in an array of colours such as blue, purple and green! This is a semi-permanent solution to your lash problems and one that involves the professional adhering of a synthetic lash to each individual lash of your own.
2) How will they feel and how will they look?
When done by a qualified professional they should feel weightless and natural, your lashes will look as full as you have requested and more defined, longer and thicker.
3) How long will they last?
When properly applied, they will last the full cycle of your natural lash cycle, since they are glued to your natural lash, when this eventually falls out then so will the extension leave with it. Usually a natural eye lash will fall out every 2 months, they are pushed out by the new growing eye lash.
- Avoid any oil based cleansers, lotions or eye makeup removers
- Don’t put any products on the eye that will dissolve the bond between extension and natural lash. Some moisturisers, hairsprays, body sprays etc do weaken the bond between the glue and extensions.
- Use a water based gel cleanser or a cotton bud to remove any excess make up.
- Try to avoid waterproof mascara, this will simply dissolve the glue and your lashes will fall out/off.
- If you do feel the need to wear a mascara then only use a water based one, one that will be gentle and easy to remove. Apply your mascara to the tips only and not too close to the root. You don’t want to disturb the bond and remove your extension with the mascara brush.
- Do not use a lash curler.
4) How is the procedure done?
You will be laid on a therapy beauty couch in a relaxed position as each lash extension is adhered to your individual lashes. This process takes approximately 2 hours, depending upon the amount of synthetic lashes applied. Each treatment usually involves attaching approximately 30 to 80 lashes per eye.
5) Does it hurt?
No, follow your therapists instructions at all times. Please let us know if you have an weakness in the back, hips or knees that require cushions placing underneath you to make you more comfortable.
6) What are the benefits of eyelash extensions?
You will have a feeling of fullness around the eyes, you won’t need to wear mascara, and therefore no more harsh make up removers.
7) How much does it cost?
A full set of lashes will cost £50, an maintenance infills will cost £30 based on the amount of lashes added.